About Me

My photo
I'm just a 28 year old woman that married the man of my answered prayers on July 18, 2009. We have our sweet Ella that was born in September of 2010 and our precious Charlotte that was born in February of 2012! On March 24, 2013, our first son was born, Josiah Warner. After a complicated pregnancy, he was born very prematurely and lived less than an hour before going to be with Jesus. Through life's ups and downs, I'm trying to figure out how to follow Jesus. I mean, really follow Jesus. The kind of following where things start to change. It's time to put action to the passion

Sunday, July 12, 2009

So Very Behind On Life



I know, I know...it has been at least one full century since I updated this blog! Not only has it still been crazy around the Marszalek and Phillips households, but the apartment that will be home to the newlywed couple known as the Phillips duo has no internet at the moment. No internet=a completely neglected blog.

BUT, lo and behold, here I am updating only SIX days before my wedding! That's right, less than a week before some vows are said, a covenant made, and a honeymoon begun! I could not be more excited to fully partner in life with the man I have fasted and prayed for over the years. It is all approaching so fast that it is hard to remember the moments where I felt the wedding would never get here. Haha, isn't that how it always works? You can't wait for something to get here and when it does, you can't believe it got here so fast? Stupid humans, never satisfied. 

But, nonetheless, I never knew this is what it would feel like to get married. I could not be more comfortable with any human being on the face of this planet as I am with John. Honestly, it just feels natural to marry him. It feels like I was always meant to marry him. Yeah, yeah, think what you want about that statement, I don't really care what the implications you may think I am trying to say. I don't really care about the philosophical, "do soulmates exist?" and blah blah. I just know that the Lord has told each of us to marry the other one. And, whether soulmates are real or not, John will become mine on July 18th at 2:00pm. There will be no more wondering, no more searching, no more non-commitment options, John will be my husband until death parts us. And, I wouldn't have it any other way. 

Am I looking at life through rose-colored glasses?

Eh, think what you want. Once again, don't care, haha. But, I do know, that as soon as we say, "I do", divorce will never be an option. We know moments are not going to be easy. But, we have a Savior at the center of our marriage that will be the glue of our covenant even when times are tough. And, we don't put our hope in each other. Oh no, we have One far greater to put our hope in. Praise God for giving us Jesus.

John, I love you. A lot. And, just like our vows will say on July 18th, I love you with a love that only Christ Himself could have put in my heart. Let's start forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment