About Me

My photo
I'm just a 28 year old woman that married the man of my answered prayers on July 18, 2009. We have our sweet Ella that was born in September of 2010 and our precious Charlotte that was born in February of 2012! On March 24, 2013, our first son was born, Josiah Warner. After a complicated pregnancy, he was born very prematurely and lived less than an hour before going to be with Jesus. Through life's ups and downs, I'm trying to figure out how to follow Jesus. I mean, really follow Jesus. The kind of following where things start to change. It's time to put action to the passion

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Cursed Are The Ones That Can't Abide

Galatians 3:10 "For all who rely on works of the law are under a curse; for it is written, "Cursed be everyone who does not abide by all things written in the Book of the Law, and do them." "

Embracing Accusations by Shane and Shane

"The father of lies

Coming to steal

Kill and destroy
All my hopes of being good enough
I hear him saying "Cursed are the ones
Who can’t abide,"
he’s right
Alleluia he’s right!

The devil is preaching
The song of the redeemed
That I am cursed and gone astray
I cannot gain salvation
Embracing accusation

Could the father of lies
Be telling the truth
Of God to me tonight?
If the penalty of sin is death,
Then death is mine
I hear him saying "Cursed are the ones
Who can’t abide,"
He’s right
Alleluia he’s right!

Oh the devil’s singing over me
An age old song
That I am cursed and gone astray.
Singing the first verse so conveniently
he’s forgotten the refrain...


Jesus saves!
He redeemed us from the curse of the law,
He redeemed us from the curse of the law,
He redeemed us from the curse of the law! "

Galatians 3:13 "Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us—for it is written, "Cursed is everyone who is hanged on a tree"— so that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we might receive the promised Spirit through faith."

If you have never heard this song by Shane and Shane, you need to close this blog, open up iTunes, and buy the song now. I still have not forgotten when I first heard them perform it in 2006 before it was released on their next album. I have absolutely adored it (and cry though it each time) ever since.

Lately, I've just been feeling defeated. Discouraged. Can't get it right and don't even know where to begin to get it right. Don't you hate that feeling? What I hate even more is that sometimes I let the feeling dwell and it just becomes stronger lies from the enemy. 

Earlier today, John sent me a text asking if I could pray for him about something. Of course, I immediately replied back that I was praying that instant. And, I did. But, all of these thoughts came floating through my head (which I know from Scripture to be untrue and from my relationship with the Lord), that I just simply wasn't good enough to be lifting those requests. Then, it starts of thinking I'm not the wife I should be, the mother I should be, on and on and on. 

So, once I pushed through the thoughts I knew were not true, I continued to pray for my husband. Then, I took some homemade peanut butter cookies to him at work, hehe :o) On the way home, I randomly decided to listen to this song by Shane and Shane. But, as I now know, it was no random choosing. The Lord knew I needed to be reminded of the truths found in Galatians 3 through song. 

All of the lies sung over me by the devil, are actually the song of the redeemed. The devil is right, I can't do it on my own. I am in no way good enough. I can't gain salvation. But, what he forgets to tell me is the most beautiful part, despite all of that junk, Jesus saves. And, even more importantly to me today that I needed to be reminded of, is that Jesus saved ME. And, I need His salvation even more today than the first day I called out to Him. I love days like today where I feel the wonder and necessity of Jesus stronger than anything else (and, when I can feel a little baby dancing around in my belly and pray that he or she experiences the same wonder one day)

1 comment:

  1. THANK YOU, Jennifer! I am going to buy that song right this moment. That's been one of my big struggles for a while, and it's been a really big one recently. It often seems like I'm reminded of the truth, and I fall for the lie again just days later. I am downloading that song right now. Thank you for the reminder that Jesus has saved me, and that God loves me. He doesn't hate me.

    ReplyDelete