About Me

My photo
I'm just a 28 year old woman that married the man of my answered prayers on July 18, 2009. We have our sweet Ella that was born in September of 2010 and our precious Charlotte that was born in February of 2012! On March 24, 2013, our first son was born, Josiah Warner. After a complicated pregnancy, he was born very prematurely and lived less than an hour before going to be with Jesus. Through life's ups and downs, I'm trying to figure out how to follow Jesus. I mean, really follow Jesus. The kind of following where things start to change. It's time to put action to the passion

Saturday, April 13, 2013

My God Gives

Where was God?

Where is He now?

Why must God keep taking things away?

God was there when my heart shattered on March 24th and I knew Warner was on the way. God held me together as I pictured baby boy sucking his thumb that we had just seen on the ultrasound that morning. God kept me from losing control and missing the one hour we had with Warner.

A tiny hospital room in the middle of Fayetteville, Georgia, became a sanctuary of God's presence on this Palm Sunday. While the whole rest of the world went about their business, we met our son. We met the son that we prayed fervently to not meet until the summer. And, my Jesus was there.

He showed up in even more grandeur than He did 2,000 years ago on that first Palm Sunday. No donkeys this year. But, a Savior that was willing to hold us together and carry my son to God. A Savior that, we believe, had His heart broken with us. A Lord that wept with us over what this broken world produces. Infection.
Premature labor.
Death.

But, my Jesus reminded the enemy again of where he's headed when all is said and done. Satan didn't win three weeks ago and he's not winning today. And, how he shook with anger at the truth that filled that hospital room, "O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?"

There is a God that intimately loves me, my husband, and all of my children. There is a Savior willing to carry you to God when all of the pieces are just so scattered that you don't feel presentable to a Holy God.

My Jesus is strong enough to hold you tight when this broken world hurts too much. He never intended for sin and death. But, our God is such a giver in nature that rather than taking away our very hope for life, He gave the very thing I lost 3 weeks ago. His only begotten Son.

My God does not look at my life wondering what thing He can take away from me to bring Him more glory. Oh my dear friend, on the contrary. My God has such an extravagant love for me that He gives and gives and gives. He's looking into your heart with the intent to give you life and to give it to you abundantly. Don't miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment